Nandrolone reigns as one of the most recognizable products in the steroids market, having served thousands of enthusiasts in the body-building and athletics community for quite some time now.
Due to its dramatic power, newcomers and veterans alike have come to respect it, even though it has also produced a lot of controversies.
Nandrolone shares a close resemblance with testosterone with only a single missing carbon atom in a particular location (position 19) of the molecule, making it different from its testosterone cousin.
Nonetheless, in chemical structure, Deca Durabolin and testosterone are virtually or essentially the same.Nandrolone decanoate is an anabolic steroid with increased anabolic and fairly low androgenic activity. Apart from nandrolone phenylpropionate, this is the only steroid that not only does not damage the kidney and liver tissue, but, on the contrary, has a regenerative effect in relation to these tissues.
Nandrolone comes in two main varieties: Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (NPP) and Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca). The difference between these two steroids, which are sometimes confused for each other, is that chemically, one is a longer ester than the other, and this makes them differ somewhat in function. Other than that, they are both intended to do the same thing, which is to help elevate testosterone levels in the body.
On the whole, Nandrolone is often considered to be milder than other steroids such as testosterone. For this reason, it is preferred in treating women and children with the belief that it is less androgenic. People who use testosterone steroids may want to add Nandrolone to complement it for the best results.
Nandrolone came into focus in the 1950s. It was produced by a pharmaceutical company known as Organon International. Organon, a Dutch company, founded in 1923, is behind many other products as well.
Nandrolone decanoate has the longest radical at position 17 compared to all other anabolic steroids.
The benefits and side effects I have highlighted below apply to both Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (NPP) and Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca). Note that these two differ only at the speed they function. The more popular version, Nandrolone Decanoate or Deca—often known by its brand name, Deca Durabolin—is the larger ester and so will work at a slower rate (the smaller the ester, the faster and more potent it is).
Typically, it can take some weeks before Deca kicks in with many users saying it can take up to a month before Deca’s effects are fully felt during a user’s cycle. Users of Deca have to wait roughly one extra month to see results compared to NPP users.
Read also: How to Avoid Side Effects of Deca Durabolin?
Note that Deca is also marketed under several other names like Decaneurabol, Retabolil, Metadec, and others.
- In clinical use, it can treat inoperable breast cancer in women, anemia, osteoporosis, and other conditions. These successes have garnered it a respected reputation, which followed it into the hard sports scene. However, sports users may need to consider that those hospital settings use much lower dosages compared to the bodybuilders and athletes who use very high doses, some of which amounts to abuse
- One of Deca Durabolin chief attractions is that it goes easy on the liver. Other steroids have the misfortune of being linked with liver damage, particularly when used for a long time
- Promotes lean muscle bulking, Increases red blood cells, increases size and strength
- Combats anemia
- Its use has been linked to increased appetite. This can be useful for bodybuilders who are keen on adding to their calories to perform energy-intensive feats. However, they must still watch what they eat to maintain a healthy diet
- It leads to high bone density. One also gets a strong frame
- There’s a bigger sport in muscle growth relative to fat, an outcome preferred by athletes.
- Improved recovery rates with each workout have been observed. Notable benefits are also seen in joint health and recovery
- endurance is enhanced thanks to an upsurge in red blood cell counts.
- Essential minerals are absorbed in a much faster rate, which is vital for bones
- It reduces the female hormone, estrogen
- It promises quick results
In general, Deca Durabolin shows less severe side effects than other steroids, chiefly because it has less androgenic tendencies. While it shares the effects listed below with other steroids, they are usually not as strong or severe.
- Water retention (or bloating) which may manifest as swelling on the feet and especially on the ankles. Water retention can be quite bothersome. Cabergoline and Cialis have sometimes been used to curb or manage water retention issues
- Urine obstruction or difficulty in urinating in men: typically, this comes from an enlarged prostate gland which appears in response to the use of steroids
- Virilization in females which includes symptoms like voice deepening, growth of facial hair and clitoral enlargement
- Acne breakout all over the body
- users should also watch out for baldness
- Menstrual problems for women
- Nausea, vomiting, chills, and diarrhea
- Heart problems
- Erectile dysfunction or the inability for men to acquire an erection
- Men’s boobs or gynecomastia can set in for men
- Testosterone levels are reduced by Deca Durabolin, by even up to 57%. This defeats the purpose of Nandrolone whose aim is to restore those levels
- It can cause kidney and heart damage, possibilities which are alarming
- Impotence in men is more likely because of poor semen quality
- A massive drop in testosterone once a person stops taking Nandrolone
- Tends to limit or prevent the body’s natural hormone system from working. This can interfere with normal body functions.
As I said before, Deca Durabolin is surrounded by great controversy despite all the good things you can say for it.
For example, while it has been said that it dramatically increases red blood cell counts, a factor essential for building strength and endurance, some studies show that Nandrolone (along with other anabolic steroids) reduces the number of blood vessels. This should reduce blood supply to body parts, which sounds a lot like fewer blood cells.
Also, even though I have said that one of the attractive hallmarks of Nandrolone that sets it apart from other steroids is its gentleness on the liver, some studies show otherwise.
In yet another study, using Deca Durabolin for more than 10 weeks is linked to cardiac damage. Even more alarming is the claim in the same report that short-term users need to be monitored even after they have stopped using Nandrolone.
Capping all this is the fact that Nandrolone, along with all other anabolic steroids, is banned substances except for prescription for some of them.
The following are side effects specifically relating to overdose or long-term use of Nandrolone.
- Excessive urination
Nandrolone is a banned substance in the US and can only be obtained by prescription or through the black market. Online sales of Nandrolone are surging to feed the overwhelming demand for this steroid, which leads to a wide variety of prices offered by competitors.
Deca Durabolin is formulated either as Nandrolone Decanoate (brand name Deca Durabolin) or Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (brand name Durabolin). Both of these (Deca-Durabolin and Durabolin) are esters, administered as injections in the muscle.
Their formulation or ingredients are as follows
- The active ingredient
- Nandrolone Decanoate or
- Nandrolone Phenylpropionate
- Inactive ingredients
They are only two inactive ingredients
- Benzyl Alcohol and
- Sesame Oil
The dosage can differ depending on the person. For example, beginners are recommended to start at 200 mg per week. The dosage is followed a bit cautiously starting with a pair of injections per week of 100mg before moving to just one injection of 200mg per week. Experienced people may go all the way up to 800mg per week.
Note that Nandrolone is always given as an injection, and this is done directly into the muscle (intramuscular injection). This is one way of determining genuine Nandrolone. Many purported Nandrolone sales, especially ones done online, are represented by the sellers as being in the form of pills. These are fakes.
While Nandrolone injections are not as frequent as that demanded by other steroids, some people may not like injections—for these, Nandrolone is not suitable for them.
Female athletes have shown a preference for this steroid because it is said to be less androgenic than other alternatives.
Deca Durabolin should never be used by persons
- under 18
- who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- who have hypertension
- with liver, heart or kidney problems
- with a peanut allergy or allergy to specific Nandrolone components
Nandrolone packs a lot in terms of benefits to users and proves it by delivering on the claims. We have plenty of customer reviews to reckon with on that. It also comes with unpleasant downsides, some of which can have a severe impact on one’s health. We need to ask whether by doing any good in the little good if Nandrolone is still worth using.
Whatever the benefits that can be derived from steroids in general and Nandrolone in particular, users should weigh them carefully against the many risks to their health. If this has been done, then I recommend that Deca Durabolin is worth trying, especially because it has the advantage that it is one of the safest steroids along with testosterone.